Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day Two with Denise

Day Two- Saturday 1st of March was interesting for me and exciting. I was having my first formal introduction to the IB and making up for much lost ground in terms of the introductory subject (I will catch up on this another time, later this year or next) and the first week: an overview of the haxagon (I think this hexagon is quite central to the whole IB, not sure)
I found my way to the class with an expectation to find out more on the Theory of Knowledge and CAS. (I later found out this was not the calculators.) I was immediately interested in a subject that was specifically involved with learning/knowledge construction in a Secondary School setting. I am particularly impressed with an emphasis on critically analysing information and recognising that different information sources will have their own biases and agendas. Acknowledging this rarely happened when I went to school and is still rare in my teaching.

No comments: